Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Level 3
Early Years Educators work with and care for children from birth to 5 years. They play a massive role in supporting children to have the best start to their education.
Apply by January 21. Applications close in:
Apply Now Download Course Guide
Up to 100% funded. Maximum fee £300
16 - 18 Months
Full and Relevant EYE Level 3
In-house tutor visits
Online training events
Personal tutor support
“The thing that stood out most for me is just how organised it all is, everything that I need to find is easily accessible. Furthermore, after completing tasks, the quality of the responses from the tutors has been excellent, the whole package is really well organised.”
Ben Wright | Apprenticeship Candidate
Why choose Best Practice Network?
- Our award winning Apprenticeships team are always there to help from applications to graduation
- National delivery, we have Apprenticeship Tutors based across England
- Fantastic well-being programme BPN Boost to support learners throughout the programme
- Our employees and Apprenticeship Tutors promote our exceptional values; to inspire learning, work together, act with integrity and strive for excellence
- Individual learning plans and additional support are available for learners with additional learning needs
- Suitable for someone who is already working in, or aspiring to work in Early Years Childcare
- It is a great progression route for a practitioner who already holds a Early Years Practitioner Level 2 qualification and want to pursue a career as an Early Years Educator, Nursery Teaching Assistant, Nursery Nurse, Supervisor, or Childminder
- There is a high level of support from your Apprenticeship Tutor with monthly visits and online webinars
- There are monthly start dates
- The Apprenticeship tutor will visit your setting, no need to go to a college
- Work is submitted using Bud, the cutting-edge online platform, which is easy to use and includes login access for employers to keep track of their apprentice’s progress
- Monthly online training events to deliver Knowledge elements
- Half termly review meetings with Apprenticeship Tutor
- Monthly BPN Boost webinars and online resources for support
- Regular observations with Apprenticeship Tutor/mentor to evidence skills
- Witness statements to evidence behaviours
The three key themes are:
- Health and well-being
- Legislation, framework and practice
- Play, development and learning for school readiness
Within these theme, you will also learn about:
- Speech, language and communication needs
- Diversity, equality and inclusion
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
If you have not secured a grade 4 (C) or above in GCSE maths and English, you will be required to complete Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English. You will be fully supported by our in-house Functional Skills Tutors using a range of materials that best suits you.
Your employer must give your time during your working hours each week for activities and learning towards your apprenticeship. This is called Off-the-Job training. for 30 hours or more, this will be an average of 6 hours per week, that can be spread out in any way that suits yourself and your setting.
Examples of Off-the-Job training includes:
- Interactive online training
- Training events
- Inset days
- Coaching and mentoring
- Reflective learning
- Networking and moderation events
- Project activities
There are no age restrictions for apprentices and there are options to gain level 2 in maths and English if you have no qualifications.
Apprentices must have:
- Support from your employer and levy account holder
- Experience in the role or similar roles
- GCSE’s in English and Maths at Grade C (4) or above or able to achieve Level 2 English and Maths whilst on programme
- Held a residency in the UK for the last three years
- Be working and interacting on a daily basis with children in the birth to 5 age range in accordance with the EYFS, the setting must be delivering the EYFS learning and development requirements
- This 18-month apprenticeship costs £6,000 but can be delivered at no cost to you or your setting if your setting is an Apprenticeship Levy payer
- If your setting doesn’t pay into the Apprenticeship Levy Fund, the government will pay 95% of your fees, with your setting contributing just 5%, which is £300. More details can be found on the Government website
- Contact our friendly apprenticeship team to confirm the availability of funding for your setting
An employer incentive payment of £1,000 is available for new apprentices aged 16 to 18 and those under 25 with an Education, Health and Care Plan.
Apprenticeship Levy Transfer
If an employer pays into the Apprenticeship Levy and has unspent funds, they can transfer up to 25% of that contribution to another employer. That means you can benefit from the levy-contributions of a different organisation to cover the full costs of an apprenticeship for a member of your team.
Are you looking to do an apprenticeship?
If you are employed within a setting...
Please check that your employer is supportive of you going on programme and then apply directly here. When you submit an application with your setting’s details, an employer declaration will automatically be sent across for them to complete.
If you are not employed within a setting...
Please look at our list of vacancies that we are currently recruiting for throughout the country. Our recruitment team will then be in touch to book an online screening interview. If you are deemed successful at this stage, your details will be sent to the employer, who will then decide whether to book you in for an in person formal interview or work trial.
Find an Apprenticeship
If you do not find a vacancy which is within your area, do not worry!
Simply apply for our programme here and our recruitment team will be in touch to book an online screening interview. If you are deemed successful at this stage, we will support you in finding a setting local to you.
Are you an employer and looking for an apprentice?
If you want to train your current staff members through an apprenticeship, ask them to apply through our Apprenticeship Recruitment.
If you are looking for apprentices and want us to find candidates in your area, fill out our vacancy form. This will help us customise the candidates to your specific needs.
To recruit on your behalf, our team will:
- Collect applications for your vacancy every week
- Conduct screening interviews to determine if the candidates are suitable for the role and the apprenticeship programme
- Successful candidates will be sent to you with their CV, application, and interview notes. You can then decide whether to invite them for a formal interview or work trial
- Once you offer a candidate a position and they accept, we will help you to enrol your candidate onto our programme and help you access funding
How to apply
We are now accepting applications and can help you find a workplace setting.
Related Courses and Content
Early Years Lead Practitioner Level 5 Apprenticeship
These highly skilled professionals take an operational lead for the care, learning and development of all young children within their care and lead and support the practice of others.
Introducing BPN Boost
We are delighted to introduce BPN Boost, a ground breaking well-being programme designed to support and enrich the lives of apprentices.
Closing the Education Gap
There is some fantastic work and early intervention schemes being developed to target vulnerable groups. This is to ensure that children, and their families, are both supported.