Fully-funded for you
As an invitation recipient, you are eligible for a full scholarship for NPQH.
The Department for Education has confirmed that it will fully fund your place on the NPQH Spring 2024 Intake.
National Qualifications, Local Delivery
We work with a fantastic NPQ Delivery Partner Network made up of England's leading Teaching School Hubs (TSHs), MATs and other schools groups to deliver NPQs across England.
By working with local schools groups, we ensure that these national qualifications are contextualised to your locality with Face-to-Face events facilitated by local experts and held in local schools. Click the map to the right to find your nearest group.
Face-to-Face events are one of the most popular aspects of the NPQH and we always advise NPQH participants to attend where possible.
However, if you are unable to take time off school to attend the 4 Face-to-Face events an online-only option is available.
Our online-only NPQH substitutes the Face-to-Face events with facilitated online webinars and awards the same DfE-accredited NPQH certificate. Simply select "Online-only" when completing the "Engagement Route" section of the NPQH application form.
What our NPQH participants say
Hear directly from some of our NPQH participants about why they chose to complete NPQH and the impact it is having on them and their schools.
The Deputy Headteacher
The Assistant Headteacher
The Deputy Headteacher
The NPQH Facilitator
"It's been a great experience. I have learned a lot and grown in my leadership. I am more confident and learning to work better with my team and school governing body."
- NPQH Graduate
What are the benefits?
Benefits for participants
- Increased capability to set an ambitious vision for a school
- Increased knowledge and understanding of what effective headteachers need to know and do to successfully lead both the strategic direction of a school and its operational management
- Opportunities to network with other leaders in order to reflect on the latest research into effective school leadership and to explore practice in other settings
- Choose what to study. Our regular needs analyses support participants to focus their energies on those aspects of their leadership they most wish to develop
- Assessment tasks that involve professional enquiry into relevant aspects of your school’s current practices
- Flexible delivery arrangements according to needs and circumstances e.g. provision for staff who work part-time
Benefits for Schools - develop leaders who
- Have a sound understanding of the complexities of leading a school across each of its domains and is able to confidently lead the strategic direction of a school
- Understands that much of their work involves working with others to achieve the school’s strategic goals
- Is equipped with essential knowledge and understanding of effective practice in both strategic leadership and operational management and the ability to develop these skills in others
- Can lead and establish a culture of professional evidence-based enquiry at all levels in the organisation and guide teachers and other leaders in the development of their understanding of the science of learning
- Has the skills necessary to orchestrate a school’s improvement strategies by providing guidance to other leaders on effective strategies for the implementation of sustainable change
- Shares common understandings and a shared professional language with other leaders within and beyond their school – the ‘golden thread’ of professional development
Full NPQ scholarships, covering the entire cost of the qualifications, are available for all colleagues working in state-funded schools, across all phases. As well as state-funded schools, all state-funded organisations that offer 16 to 19 places in England are eligible for full NPQ scholarships.
There is no limit to how many scholarships a single school can receive but please bear in mind that NPQ participants will attend Face-to-Face events during term time as part of the course. Online-only NPQ delivery is available to candidates on request.
Scholarships have been confirmed for the Autumn NPQ intake as part of the government’s long-term education recovery plan.
From autumn 2022, organisations eligible to access scholarships include:
- State-funded schools
- State-funded 16 to 19 organisations
- Independent special schools
- Virtual schools (local authority run organisations that support the education of children in care)
- Hospital schools not already included in other categories of eligible organisations
- Young offender institutions
Local authority employed supply teachers will also be able to access scholarships.
Targeted Support funding
The department has updated the Targeted Support Fund offer for the 2023 to 2024 academic year to further incentivise state-funded schools and state-funded 16-19 educational settings in England to participate in NPQs.
For each teacher or leader they employ who takes an NPQ in the 2023 to 2024 academic year:
- State-funded primary schools with one to 150 pupils will receive a grant payment of £800
- State-funded primary schools with more than 150 pupils will recieve a grant payment of £200
- State-funded secondary schools and state-funded 16 to 19 educational settings with one to 600 pupils will recieve a grant payment of £200
A total of 8 fully-funded NPQs are available to teachers in state-funded schools and academies in England.
Take a look at the brochures below to find out more.