Up to 100% funded by the Apprenticeship Levy, see below for more details
Our Early Years Apprenticeship Programmes
- Entry level apprenticeship with no previous qualifications needed
- 14-month programme
- Three main themes including; health and wellbeing, support care routine for babies and young children and equality, diversity, inclusive practice and SEND.
- Requires English and maths GCSE grade C (4) or above or equivalent
- 18-month programme which counts towards EYFS level 3 staff:child ratios
- Works on themes from Level 2 in addition with; legislation, framework and practice, play, development and learning for school readiness and speech, language and communication needs
- Requires level 3 completion or equivalent as well as English and maths GCSEs grade C (4) or above and a successful interview with one of our tutors
- 24-month programme
- Structured around promoting and implementing themes from levels 2 and 3, as well as leading practice, child development, observation and planning.
“From start to finish the course was everything I expected and more. It has given me the skills I need to work in an Early Years setting with young children and offered me the chance to work within a fantastic team in the nursery. Best Practice Network have been great and being able to learn in the setting full time is amazing!”
Early Years Apprentice | Level 2
- Our Early Years apprenticeships can be delivered at no cost to you or your setting if your setting is an Apprenticeship Levy payer.
- If your setting doesn’t pay into the Apprenticeship Levy Fund, the government will pay 95% of your fees, with your setting contributing a maximum of 5%. More details can be found on the Government website.
- Contact our friendly apprenticeship team to confirm the availability of funding for your setting.
If your setting has fewer than 50 employees -
You will receive 100% of the funding where the apprentice is 16-18 years old or is between 19-24 and has a local authority education, health and care plan. Employers and training providers will both receive an additional £1,000 where the apprentice is between 16 and 18 years old.
Apprenticeship Levy Transfer
If an employer pays into the Apprenticeship Levy and has unspent funds, they can transfer up to 25% of that contribution to another employer. That means you can benefit from the levy-contributions of a different organisation to cover the full costs of an apprenticeship for a member of your team.
“The way the course was delivered was great. The tutor who was assigned to me supported my development and progression every step of the way and I can't thank her enough!"
“I find this apprenticeship very interesting and I feel that learning can be done at my own pace and time.
I love the fact that there is always help available when required no matter the time of day. I fell that this apprenticeship is the right one for me after looking at many others.”
“Thanks Michelle! You made me feel like I belonged on the course, you brought my confidence out and this has massively helped with my practice.”
How to Apply
You can apply for our Early Years apprenticeship programmes by clicking the apply button below or on the programme page. You will then be asked to create an account and fill in an application form which saves your progress. Once you submit your application, our Early Years team will be in touch for any extra information that is needed and will support your setting to secure funding from the Government.
If you are an employer who is looking to use Best Practice Network for multiple applicants or nurseries, you can contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 920 9428.
Are you looking to become an Early Years Apprentice?
We work with many settings across England who are looking to hire apprentices! You can see our recruitment page to find vacancies in your area.
Are you looking to hire Early Years Apprentices?
We work with employers to advertise vacancies, manage apprentice job adverts on the Government Apprenticeship website, screen candidates and help fill positions with enthusiastic apprentices. Please let us know if you have any vacancies.