National Professional Qualification
for Senior Leadership
The National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) provides recognition of leadership development and professional achievement for senior school leaders. It has a flexible, modular structure that combines core modules with the freedom to specialise and to develop candidate’s own professional areas of interest through the choice of an elective module.
Who is this for?
NPQSL is suitable for senior leader with cross-school responsibilities, an experienced middle leader, a deputy head, a special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO), an advanced skills teachers or a senior member of staff.
You can view our programme metrics here.
What are the benefits?
- Facilitation and support from serving school leaders in outstanding schools
- Purpose built virtual learning environment enabled for mobiles and tablets
- Delivery at local venues
- Guaranteed support to pass final assessment
- Content contextualised for your locality and updated to reflect national developments and legislation
- Regular progress updates for mentors and headteachers
How is it delivered?
Candidates are expected to complete the qualification within a 12 month period and benefit from:
- three face-to-face training events
- three guided online courses working alongside peers
- regular online conferences to support and complement learning
- access to two 360° leadership skills diagnostics
- support from a nominated in-school mentor
- facilitation from serving school leaders in outstanding schools
- local and flexible access to high quality leadership training
- dedicated online tutor to support school improvement project planning
- mobile enabled virtual learning environment enabling flexible access to course resources and support community
- option to accrue 60 credits to contribute towards an MA in Educational Leadership with Chester University
What does it cost?
|School Type||Fee payable|
|All state-maintained schools and academies||£1,250*|
Costs for international candidates and schools can be found here
Best Practice Network is accredited to deliver NPQs by the Department for Education.
Candidates can start the qualification in the Autumn term. The registration window for programmes starting in Autumn 2019 is now open and will close on Friday 20th September 2019.