Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants (QCF)
The Ofqual approved Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants (QCF) recognises the skills developed by teaching assistants as they prepare to progress to the role of Higher Level Teaching Assistant and beyond. Developed by Gateway Qualifications with the support of the HLTA National Assessment Partnership (HNAP), it enhances the assessment process and provides successful learners with a nationally-recognised qualification as evidence of the skills they have gained.
Who is this for?
This qualification is for HLTAs who have already gained HLTA status through the HLTA National Assessment Partnership (HNAP) or the TDA. Please note that already having HLTA status is an absolute pre-requisite for this qualification.
While this qualification has been designed specifically for HLTAs, it is important to note that it is not a requirement for HLTA recognition in schools. It will, however, provide successful learners with a nationally-recognised level 4 qualification.
What are the benefits?
- This qualification provides progression alongside the award of Higher Level Teaching Assistant status.
- It offers a qualification in its own right, 24 credits at Level 4. Opportunities may exist with some colleges and universities to apply for and gain credits towards a Foundation degree using the certificate that you will be awarded on completion.
- The qualification demonstrates to employers that not only have the HLTA Standards been successfully met but also that level 4 criteria has been achieved through written tasks and documentary evidence.
How is it delivered?
To achieve the Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants, learners must provide evidence against the four mandatory units:
- Teaching and Learning for Higher Level Teaching Assistants
- Planning learning and support for HLTAs
- Professional Practice for HLTAs
- Monitoring and Assessment for HLTAs
You will have access to our virtual learning environment where you will be guided through the requirements and be able to upload evidence to your e-portfolio.
It is expected that you will be able to complete the certificate in full within three months.
The qualification is assessed through a portfolio of evidence submitted via Best Practice Network’s own easy-to-use e-portfolio system. The learning outcomes for the course are closely aligned to the HLTA standards so you will find it relatively straight forward to compile your evidence.
Please note: To be able to use your HLTA status evidence, you will need to have been awarded the status within 18 months of the date of your application. If you were awarded the status more than 18 months prior to application, you can still complete the qualification but your HLTA status evidence is considered ‘out of date’ and you will need to provide new documentation for each assessment criteria.
The Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants (QCF) can only be offered by approved Gateway Qualifications centres such as Best Practice Network. Only members of HNAP can be approved by Gateway to deliver this qualification.
What does it cost?
The Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants (QCF) costs £450.